Women ministering to Women

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Do any women here minister to men, and if so, what are the parameters that you set? Or do you feel that only women should minister to women at all times?

Mark Chase
        Keymaster

Hi Stacy, Jana here, I do minister just to women! The position of equality between men and women is not biblical. Men and women have different jobs and positions to play as God designed. I will be speaking at the Convention about this topic and why we should stand to maintain the Godly order and structure that was created since the beginning. Analyzing the fruits of each one, I do prefer the traditional way instead of the modern way (which has been heavily promoted during the last 50 years). Not coincidentally, during this same time period, we have seen the decay of society, relationships, and family. The traditional order has been working for thousands of years. Love, Jana

Participant

Hi Stacey,
              Thank you for your question. I do believe there is a place and time where a woman would indirectly minister to men, such as women who are placed in leadership roles by God as in the case of Deborah and other women leaders referenced in the Bible. I do emphasize indirectly minister to men. I have taught and preached at churches where men were part of the congregation. However, in the sense of direct ministry, I hold fast to Titus 2, women minister to women. Even in the practical sense, women can better relate to women from a psychological, spiritual and experiential perspective. Not to mention the potential risks involved. We have seen so many great men of God fall prey to the enemy for lack of establishing boundaries in this area in their ministries. Women and families are the target audience for my ministry of counseling,IH and deliverance. I only minister to men when it involves family and pre-marital counseling. Would I turn away from a man who needed my help incidentally?Absolutely not. I would do the needful always with the proper boundaries in place, and as dictated by the principles of Love. Very good point of discussion Stacey and Ps. Jana.
              To God be the Glory.

Participant

Hi Stacy,

I have been bringing this topic before the Lord quite a bit and have been led to keep my ministry predominantly women. Out of ~200 PRMS, I have only met one on one with ~15 males and 5 were children and teens between 6-19 years old. Most of the adult men I ministered to were husbands of PRMS who claimed that they would only do the ministry with me since they saw the results their wives had. I had 2 single men that were inappropriate earlier this year which led me to set new boundaries. I choose not to do ministry with men remotely close to my age if they are single. I will do a consultation with a husband of a PRM to see if it is a good fit. My preference for one on one ministry is women only, but do not turn someone away if I feel the Lord has brought them to my ministry. I look forward to hearing Pastor Jana speak on this topic next month!
              God bless you!
              Dana

Participant

Pastor Jana made a great point the modern way has decayed society. It was a great teaching, that I shared it with a prm during a session and she stated, “Just to let you know as your talking I feel seriously angry with you, I have no reason to be.” (Jezebel)

As far as with men I was wondering as I went through the same, ministering to men (only 3, one was the husband of a prm) but I set new boundaries as well because it became inappropriate as well.

This is all really great insight from everyone! God Bless you all!

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.