Reply To: Repentance Is the Foundation

Mark Chase
Keymaster

Hello Tri, beautiful testimony of bringing your PRM to repentance! One reason why we make repentance the foundation of our ministries is because, if we don’t do it, who will? Most churches and ministries are unwilling to preach repentance due to the fact that repentance is offensive to the worldly mind. Why? Because it forces individuals to come to grips with the fact that they are not “good people,” but instead, people are not good at all. After saying this during the DE, I tell the PRM to brace herself and I then ask, “Do you know what Jesus said? Jesus said in Luke 11:13 that we are evil. That means that your Savior Jesus called you evil. What do you think about that?” Humble PRMs will stop justifying themselves at that very moment and begin to cry out to God for mercy and compassion. Then God can move mightily during the session!

I said above that preaching repentance is offensive. It is so much so that they nailed Jesus on a Roman cross of execution for it. According to church tradition, the other Disciples had similar ends.

Lord, give us strength by your Spirit in the day of persecution. ITNOJ Amen.

God bless your ministry, Tri.