Reply To: Level 1 General Forum

Christina Attidore
Participant

Shalom🙌 the study on the soul has really blessed me today!

From L01 S07 L01 Discrete Conscious Manifestable Identities

The SOUL includes the mind, emotions, personality, thoughts, feelings, and disassociated parts of the core

Soul in Hebrew is Nephesh (H5315) which roots from Naphash (H5314)

Nephesh (neh’-fesh) means soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion

Naphash (naw-fash) means to take breath, to refresh oneself

Examples of Nephesh referring to the SOUL in the Bible:

●Deuteronomy 6:5
    “You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your SOUL (nephesh) and with all your might.

●Genesis 2:7
    The LORD God formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living SOUL(nephesh).

●Psalm 42:1-2
    1 For the choir director. A Maskil of the sons of Korah. As the deer fnpants for the water brooks, So my SOUL (nephesh) pants for You, O God.

2 My SOUL(nephesh) thirsts for God, for the living God; When shall I come and fnappear before God?

●Psalm 49:7-8
    7 No man can by any means redeem his brother or give to God a ransom for him—

8 For the redemption of his SOUL(nephesh) is costly, And he should cease trying forever—

●Psalm 49:15
    But God will redeem my SOUL(nephesh) from the power of She’ol, For he will receive me. Selah.

●Psalm 62:1
    My SOUL(nephesh) rests in God alone. My salvation (Yeshu`ah) is from Him.

●Psalm 63:1
    God, you are my God. I will earnestly seek you. My SOUL(nephesh) thirsts for you, My flesh longs for you, In a dry and weary land, where there is no water.

●Psalm 119:175
    Let my SOUL(nephesh) live, that my SOUL(nephesh) may praise you. Let your ordinances help me.

●Song of Solomon 3:1-4
    1 On my bed night after night I sought him Whom my SOUL(nephesh); I sought him but did not find him.

2 I must arise now and go about the city; In the streets and in the squares fnI must seek him whom my SOUL(nephesh) loves.’ I sought him but did not find him.

3 The watchmen who make the rounds in the city found me, and I said, ‘Have you seen him whom my SOUL(nephesh) loves?’

4 Scarcely had I left them When I found him whom my SOUL(nephesh) loves; I held on to him and would not let him go Until I had brought him to my mother’s house, And into the room of her who conceived me.

●2 Kings 4:23
    The Shunammite Woman’s response to the prophet Elisha in the midst of facing the death of her only son, a son whom she received after suffering years of barreness, she replied, “IT IS WELL”
    (Lee Shalom). The Shunammite woman made up her mind in that moment, that regardless of what she was seeing in the natural, she told herself, she prophesied to her SOUL:

It Is Well With My Soul (Lee Shalom B’Nephesh)

Thus, the Miraculous happened, on earth as it is in Heaven!