And you forgave
    the guilt of my sin.

Therefore let all the faithful pray to you
    while you may be found;
    surely the rising of the mighty waters
    will not reach them.
    You are my hiding place;
    you will protect me from trouble
    and surround me with songs of deliverance.

In 2012, long before I knew anything about about deliverance or the spiritual law of repentance, I was dying and my doctor couldn’t figure out why. I was tested for every kind of AI disease, with a clean bill of health. I suffered with pain all over my body, and my lungs were in such shape that I could barely speak without coughing. So I went to a regular family physician, who is a strong believer in Jesus. As he busied himself typing on his computer while we made small talk, he asked how my life was going. Immediately I began to cry and gush that I was brokenhearted because my parents were extremely disapproving of how protective I was of my baby girls, how they criticized my every move, and how nothing I ever did was good enough. Their opinion of me was so important, but I was being crushed under their disapproval. I apologized for being a flake, at which point he wheeled over to me on his stool, got very close to get my attention, and said simply, “Do you believe God loves you?” It seemed like an irrelevant question but I gave him my best Sunday-school answer. He replied, “You answered correctly, but you do not believe a word of what you just said.” Normally, this would not have had any effect on me, but in God’s sovereign mercy, those words hit me like a shock wave. I could no longer concentrate on what the doctor was saying, but instead my mind was filled with the words of Psalm 32, specifically verses 3-4. Mind you, I rarely read Scripture and had almost none of it memorized. In utter amazement at what I was experiencing, I said out loud that I agreed with him and I repented, and he said, “When you put God back on the throne of your life, you’ll be healed.” As I left his office, with every step it was like heavy literal shackles were falling off my body. By the time I reached the bottom floor I could breathe normally. As I walked to my car I was smiling because with every step I was being healed! Even as I sat in my car and raised my leg to push the break petal, what normally would have caused excruciating pain in my shin, I was pain free!!! Within minutes I had no symptoms at all–total complete healing! I was it awe like never before. I told everyone who would listen what God did for me for the next year. Finally, a year later when I went to the same doctor for a cold, I could hardly wait to relate to him what all had taken place because of his ministry to me, but incredibly, he had no recollection of the encounter! I was dumbfounded! I assumed he did that all the time, but the Lord encouraged him because he confided that he had felt the Lord wasn’t using him much and it renewed his faith too. Hallelujah!!!