Reply To: Repentance Verses

Amanda Allen
Participant

Turn (Repent) at my rebuke;
    Surely I will pour my spirit out on you;
    I will make my words known to you.
    Proverbs 1:23 NKJV

This is my go to verse for my own reminder, as well as for a fellow believer. I make scripture connections, or I commit one scripture to memory, and tie another or several verses to it, that further explain it. In this case Proverbs 1:23 will make me recall automatically Hebrews 12:5-8 also quoted from the NKJV:

And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as sons:
    My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by him; For whom the Lord loves He chastens, and scourges every son whom He receives.
    If you endure chastening, God deals with you as sons, for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.

The chastening of the heart by the Holy Spirit by way of conviction hurts in a way that is terrible; and beautiful beyond measure. Because, yes I have sinned, and am reminded of my moment by moment need of my savior, Jesus, and the terrible pain of Godly sorrow is a proven indicator of my salvation. In that to me is comfort, reassurance, and great joy.

I hope I didn’t go too far off of the plot.
    God bless you all.