Reply To: Repentance Verses

Participant

Wow…choosing just one verse is hard. I’m going to go with:

Acts 3:19
    Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

Honestly, growing up I didn’t hear about repentance even though I grew up in church and went to Christian school. It wasn’t until about 2 years ago that God opened my eyes to a vital thing I was missing in my life, REPENTACE!

Thank you for this lesson. It really blessed me so much. It brought revelation about how beautiful and amazing repentance is and how powerless condemnation is. Repentance is such a gift from God that we can continuously draw closer to Him and be refreshed in His presence through it.

Many are deceived into thinking they just have to “believe” in Jesus and say some prayer and then get to go about their life of sin. What’s the point in that? Jesus literally commanded us to repent in order to be saved! Why would we keep walking in sin that is leading to death when we could repent, be truly saved, have abundant life, and have times (PLURAL!) of refreshing in the Lord!? Wow…thank You, Jesus!!