Reply To: Repentance Is the Foundation

Dana Lyn
Participant

I love that repentance is the foundation for deliverance. God wants to deal with people’s sin so that they will know why they had the bondage and then close demonic doors and resist the enemy in order to stay free.

It takes humility to recognize our need to repent. I love this verse because the “IF/THEN” is so clear.

2 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

When their heart is right, God moves!

Deuteronomy 23:14
    Since the Lord your God walks in the midst of your camp to deliver you and to defeat your enemies before you, therefore your camp must be holy; and He must not see anything indecent among you or He will turn away from you.

When we see that we are called to Be Holy as He is Holy in 1 Peter 1:16, that standard could never be achieved without constant repentance.

The closer we get to Jesus, the more we realize how far we have to go to be Holy as He is Holy.

I don’t want to lift up unclean hands and heart to a Holy God.

Thank you Jesus for repentance!